Keeping my title simple this time. For once I’m on the ball and talking about a game just recently published (i.e. last month instead of 10 years ago).
Table of Contents
- Quick Review
- (tiny) Spoiler Review
Oh, I’m so sorry. You were hoping for something that emphasized more of the glamor than the gloom…
Last time I reviewed a visual novel, it was Narcissu / Narcissus by Stage Nana. Having been done professionally, it had the benefit of a good team working behind it for custom art and contributions by talented musicians. It was very kind of the company to allow the English translation to be produced and released free to the public. To date, it’s the only professionally-done visual novel for English speakers (at least, it’s the only one I know of).
Those of us working solo don’t necessarily have the luxuries of a professional team or talented artists, but that doesn’t mean something can’t be cobbled together and still provide a quality experience.
This review focuses on a visual novel created by Scope Games, which is for the most part, a single individual. After scrounging the internet for images, image templates, and songs, they pieced together this entertaining this work free for you to enjoy. Download here.
Table of Contents
- Story – I briefly outline what we’re looking at.
- Gameplay – What kind of game experience to expect
- Non-spoiler Review – Basic idea of the content
- Guide to Gameplay – How to get what you want in the game (without really spoiling it for you)
- (Ambiguous) Spoiler Review – For if you really want to know what’s wrong with the content
- Remarks on Realism
- Rating – The overall quality rating, including content you might want to be aware of (ambiguous spoilers)
The title of this post is a joke. For you non-geeks out there, WIN 32 is basically the technical side of what’s behind your graphical user interface (GUI) windows.