Things have been rather slow here…
I knew that when I started this blog several years ago (gosh, has it been that long), my previous blogs had all failed for being too specific. I never found time to sit down and write about a specific topic. There was usually something I wanted to write about and did so. Then I started this blog, and 65,061 views later, it feels like I’ve let myself be cornered into pleasing an audience (not merely the general audience – the professional one), and as such, I haven’t spoken out on the things I want to say. That said, here are some things I’d like to talk about on this blog:
- More topics about culture in general. I have a horrible tendency to pick terrible titles for such articles, perhaps because I’m trying to disguise the fact that what I have to say most people would consider… mediocre? Not quite the word I’m looking for.
- More topics on Japan and Japanese entertainment. I enjoy that stuff, and while it perhaps deserves a separate blog, devoting one to it would be work. I don’t have the same passion for it like some people.
- More thoughts on programming. Much of my expertise on the topic is unfortunately limited to what I’ve spent the most time, but that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to stick my foot in my mouth on very subjects in hopes some expert will read my blog and give me a good resource or two to enlighten me.
- More quick articles. I feel like whenever I sit down to write an article, I know it will take me at least 3 hours (if not more) in order to finish. Perhaps short articles bother me. If I’m going to read a quick blurb, I’d rather it be a summary. If I’m going to read an article, I’d like it to be 3 pages of solid information. (And yet I make the mistake of jabbering on without being humorous. The least I could do is add a joke, right?)
- More jokes. I felt like some of my earlier articles were funnier. As I’ve written more, the articles don’t have that cute charm they used to have. I wonder if people following this blog have grown as bored with it as I have sometimes.
Now that I’ve given myself permission to be more liberal with this hunk of bits, I need to post more pictures. This blog needs some color. While I’m at it, maybe the background should change. hm… Wallpaper is an 70s thing after all… (or is it a 60s thing? Oh forget it.) Maybe now that I have more interest in my blog, WordPress will change the user interface, require a text-message login, and lock me out. (Ok, I admit, that’s never happened before… at least not the lock-out part.)